Heeft deze vacature jouw interesse?
Neem contact met mij op, ik vertel je graag meer!
- Customer Service
Our client, Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC), is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. Its broad portfolio of patents includes QuickSet® software that utilizes the world’s most complete knowledge graph to detect and interact with thousands of entertainment and smart home devices. The company designs, develops, and manufactures innovative products that are used by the world’s leading brands in the audio, video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, home energy management, and mobile device markets. UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control, home security, and home energy management and sensing industries.
Universal Electronics Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. They are proud of their diverse workforce and they believe having diverse teams that everyone brings their whole self to work everyday is key to all of their success. They welcome all people of different experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and abilities.
Field Application Engineer
At UEI you will be part of a world class team that is working to innovate and revolutionize the meaning of ‘wireless control’. Whether it’s via chips, software licenses or turnkey products, they are continuing to reinvent how consumers interact with devices and services in their home.
Each day they make the connected home smarter, easier to connect and use, and more sustainable. They delight their Fortune 100 customers such as Comcast, Apple, Samsung, Google, Vivint and Daikin with ground breaking wireless technology solutions such as advanced, voice-enabled remote controls, cloud control solutions, extreme low power Bluetooth silicon with energy harvesting capabilities, smart thermostats and sensors and many other IoT solutions.
The Field Application Engineer a key technical interface between customers and the engineering organization. They are responsible for promoting UEI technologies to customers, understanding customer application issues and providing solutions, and working with Sales and customers to provide information on future needs and trends into the UEI development organization.
Their customers are spread over various sales channels: Video Service Providers, Home Automation, Security and Hospitality, HVAC and Utility as well as in Retail. They are a truly global company and interact with customers across the globe as well as interact with different internal teams across the globe.
Position in the Organization:
The Field Application Engineer reports directly into the Manager Field Application Engineering EMEAI.
(We are looking for candidates in western Europe).
Managing and controlling the customer requirements and communication during the initial (pre-sales/feasibility study) phase of projects until the start of the project and maintaining customer and product management relations and changes throughout each project.
- Customer facing and interaction with technical part of customer’s organization;
- Making general specification document for sales purposes;
- Working with internal team to understand cost drivers and to manage tradeoffs to meet customer price targets
* Working with sales on quotations and technical proposals;
- Defining hardware and software and mechanical features, industrial design etc. for specifying the product;
- Working with engineering teams on feasibility of customer requests, developing new features and creating an advantage over competitors;
- Building up customer relationships (technical account management), by having frequent contact with customers with respect to product development, specific/technical customer requirements, etc.;
- Traveling with Sales to customers in pre-sales phase in order to assist in selling the technical concept of the product;
- Discussing product and technical requirements with customers;
- Understanding the customer’s needs and strategy and facilitating them to be successful in their business.
Required education and experience:
- Strong communication, interpersonal and project coordination skills;
- Strong ability to drive progress and ensure deliverables are not missed;
- Customer facing experience and good presentation skills;
- A good understanding of systems architecture (electronics, software, embedded solutions);
- At least a Bachelor or higher education level in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering;
- 3 years of relevant working experience;
- Some RF systems experience (consumer RF): Zigbee, WiFi, Bluetooth 4/5, Thread, Matter, SubGig;
- Ability to talk the industry terms, and understand basic RF system principles.
Required expertise and skills:
- Fluent in English and preferably at least 1 other language;
- Flexibility, no 9-5 mentality;
- Willingness to travel max. 25%;
- Good communicative skills;
- Willingness to learn, self-educate and improve skillset;
- Attention to details;
- Commercial attitude;
- Self-motivated / self-managing;
- Knowledge of NPI (New Product Introduction) processes.
Geïnteresseerd in deze uitdagende rol? Mail dan jouw cv en beknopte motivatie naar email@example.com , t.a.v. Aschwin Rohring.
Select Support zet haar recruitment-kracht in voor Universal Electronics op basis van wederzijds commitment.
Mocht je deze kans zien via een uiting of benadering van Select Support, vragen wij jou om via ons te solliciteren!
Bij bemiddeling treed je direct in (loon)dienst bij Universal Electronics!
|€ 45 - 55k annual
|Field Application Engineer