Heeft deze vacature jouw interesse?
Neem contact met mij op, ik vertel je graag meer!
- Customer Service
Our client, Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC), is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. Its broad portfolio of patents includes QuickSet® software that utilizes the world’s most complete knowledge graph to detect and interact with thousands of entertainment and smart home devices. The company designs, develops, and manufactures innovative products that are used by the world’s leading brands in the audio, video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, home energy management, and mobile device markets. UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control, home security, and home energy management and sensing industries.
Universal Electronics Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. They are proud of their diverse workforce and they believe having diverse teams that everyone brings their whole self to work everyday is key to all of their success. They welcome all people of different experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and abilities.
C++ Embedded Engineer
At UEI you will be part of a world class team that is working to innovate and revolutionize the meaning of ‘wireless control’. Whether it’s via chips, software licenses or turnkey products, they are continuing to reinvent how consumers interact with devices and services in their home.
Each day they make the connected home smarter, easier to connect and use, and more sustainable. They delight their Fortune 100 customers such as Comcast, Apple, Samsung, Google, Vivint and Daikin with ground breaking wireless technology solutions such as advanced, voice-enabled remote controls, cloud control solutions, extreme low power Bluetooth silicon with energy harvesting capabilities, smart thermostats and sensors and many other IoT solutions.
Their vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Their fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; they solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. They are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. They accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Their products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and they are just getting started! They designed & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven embedded software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products. This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as technology trends in embedded systems, and consumer electronics. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for their products.
To be successful you must have proven programming knowledge and experience in embedded environments, the ability to quickly understand complex hardware and software architectures. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you must have experience working with embedded Linux systems, development on Linux platforms, strong programming skills in C++, and the following experience is considered as a plus: C, embedded Java, Ruby and Python.
Who is Universal Electronics?
- Universal Electronics Inc (UEI) designs, develops and delivers (market leader!) innovative solutions that enable consumers to operate entertainment devices, digital media and home systems. UEI’s products are also used by companies operating in the consumer electronics, subscription broadcast and computer industries. Headquartered in the US, the Enschede office is responsible for all subscription broadcasting business for the EMEA region and for the organization’s consumer division.
What do you get in return?
- You will be part of an great international team for this large international company. Next to a very good working environment UEI offers a comprehensive benefits program designed to improve the life of the employees: a wide range of benefits (e.g. discount on fitness) with built-in flexibility. This includes an excellent salary depending on your knowledge and experience. There is also the possibility to work from home.
What will you do?
- New feature implementation and product releases;
- Issue/bug investigation and resolution;
- Generate and validate customer/platform specific SDK’s;
- Participate in dialog with other developers and members of the cross-functional team in discussing current and proposed system architecture, defects and product enhancements etc.;
- Work as a member of the Agile cross-functional development team; release and iteration planning; development of user stories, unit test and feature implementation;
- Maintain and publish detailed documentation for SDK build and test methods;
- Maintain documentation in support of product API usage and integration procedures;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment;
- Using IR and RF sniffers and similar tools for analyzing communication between devices for testing and debugging;
- Developing SW ideas and solutions initiated by EMEA biz dev or Solutions Architect;
- Assist customers with integration of the SDK’s within their products;
- Taking the ownership of product demos and maintaining them for exhibitions or customer demos;
- Porting software to different platforms and architectures;
- Debugging 3rd party source code occasionally.
What is required of you?
- Energetic and a natural innovator;
- Experience and proven ability to work remotely as part of an extended development team;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills (English mandatory and at least one other language is desirable);
- B.S. degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of professional experience, although we value the skills more than years of experience;
- Strong skills in C++; design, coding, testing, debugging, integration and documentation;
- Interest in IoT;
- Experience with Git version control system;
- Knowledge and experience with multi-threaded coding techniques;
- Experience and knowledge with Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle;
- Experience with embedded Linux is required;
- Issue and task management systems such as JIRA;
- Experience with automated test systems, test methodologies and technical documentation;
- Experience with Microcontroller development, FreeRTOS and mobile platform is a plus;
- Understanding cloud solutions and interfacing with web-services with standard methods such as RESTful;
- Understanding hardware schematics is a plus;
- Understanding of SQL and database infrastructure a plus.
|€ 52 - 65k annual
|C++ Embedded Engineer